google analytics

Sunday, May 3, 2009

How Much MP3s are Enough?

Back in 2005 when I first purchased my PC it had 80GB HDD installed.
I was thinking of 40GB but the difference in price was merely 200 bucks.

I partitioned my HDD making about 20GB for audio songs, and I started collecting.
In about 6 months 20GB was full with old hindi classic songs (believe me, I was a hindi fan @ that time).
I thought this was enough because there would be no more classic songs.

But, when I brought my PC to college, I was changed a lot.
I deleted all hindi songs in single two key combination of (Shift + Delete) and all my love for hindi classic songs was gone.

I started collecting english songs, barely started with a CD with some 104 songs which my brother brought.

Initially, I liked "Somewhere I belong" of Linkin Park. For some it was quite loud but I didn't care.
English songs were rare in my college.
Only some seniors had some good songs.
I hated "BSB" and they had only "BSB".

Then came era of Evanescence, Limp Bizkit, Avril and many more.

Internet was costly and slow at that time.

Then a senior gave me Rammstein. I got mad !!!

In fall of 2007, the Golden Era of 2MBps internet in my college.

I started using it from Feb 2008 and till now the amount of data I have downloaded exceeds 1 TeraByte ( 1024 GB).
Even after cleaning up bad tracks and removing duplicates, I still have 60GBs of songs left.

I don't think I would be able to listen to them all atleast in next 5 years.

Yesterday, I downloaded two more GBs of songs of t.A.T.u (Russian Lesbian Band)

I have english, bulgarian, russian, spanish, ukrainian and even some arabic tracks.

Now, I have got problem of how to keep this.

I am running out of free space for more downloads and I don't want to loose any track.

I don't know what to do.

I guess, I would be deleting other data for creating free space like movies and tv serials.

But, do I really need to have 60GBs of songs???

0 comments:

Post a Comment